I was brainstorming with a friend on what billionaires do on a daily basis that makes them successful. From observation, we came up with these:
- Focus – They are focused on their objectives. They focus on one or two major things at a time, while delegating minor objectives to able lieutenants who can implement their plans. An example would be when started a new business. In the beginning, you focus most of your attention and energy on that, and once it is established and certain goals are met, able lieutenants can take over from there, and you focus on your next project, which may be starting another new business, or expanding the business you just started, etc.
- Organized & Clear – They are organized and are clear about what they want to accomplish. Clarity is power. They also have information organized so that it is easy to get to, and they know what resources are available to them.
- Keep Informed – They keep informed of what is happening in their field and look for new opportunities and innovative ideas. Knowledge is power, and they know that. Being first has great advantages in technology. They also know who’s who in their field, and what they are doing, especially if they are a competitor or potential strategic partner.
- Build Relationships – They make contacts and build relationships. But not just any contacts. They rub shoulders with the decision makers, and the people who are making things happen. They get to know the people creating the cutting edge technologies in their field.
- Oversight and Follow-up – They make sure their able lieutenants are implementing the plans and meeting objectives, and follow-up on opportunities and assigned tasks. They hold people accountable for what they said they would do.
Whether or not you intend on becoming a billionaire, or even a millionaire, incorporating these concepts into your daily practices would take you very far. 🙂
Helping people embrace life's opportunities.™
Latest posts by Scott M. Stolz (see all)
- Urban Dwellers, Suburbanites and Country Folks Should Mind Their Own Business - February 25, 2015
- WisTex is almost 28 Years Old (Est. 1986) - May 22, 2014
- Creating Topic Specific Websites - May 22, 2014